The BC Supreme Court has rejected Kinder Morgan’s request to extend their injunction to keep protesters away from where they’re doing survey work on Burnaby Mountain. Kinder Morgan wanted it extended from Dec 1st to Dec 12th, as they finish up survey work for the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.

The court also threw out all the civil contempt charges that protesters arrested on Burnaby Mountain were facing. The judge said the arrests were illegitimate because the police perimetre crossed by protesters didn’t match the locations identified in the injunction order.

Paul Manly, of the Mid Island Council of Canadians, was on Burnaby Mountain on Wednesday. He says protesters are committed to stopping the project.

So far more than 100 people have been arrested on Burnaby Mountain, including 87-year-old Gabriola resident Jean McLaren, a veteran Clayoquot Sound activist. Grand Chief Stewart Philip, President of the Union of BC Indian Chiefs, was taken into custody on Friday but the BC Supreme Court decision means he and others won’t face charges.

The GPS coordinates of Kinder Morgan’s injunction have now been amended so anyone who crosses the line at this point could still be arrested and face civil contempt charges.