No injuries reported after a fire late yesterday afternoon in Sechelt.
A house in the 500 block of Reef Road was badly damaged in the blaze, which broke out just before 4pm.
Sechelt Fire Chief Bill Higgs says the one man living in the home got out safely.
He also says here’s no word yet on the cause.
Higgs says cold temperatures didn’t complicate the fire fighting, but they did have to call in District of Sechelt crews to salt down the road afterwards to melt the ice build up from the water used to put out the blaze.