Listen Live

HomeNews3 taken to hospital after fire at Hecate St home

3 taken to hospital after fire at Hecate St home

Three people was taken to Nanaimo Regional General Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in the 300 Block of Hecate Street.
When Nanaimo Fire Rescue Crews arrived, smoke was coming from the upper floor. They helped one person escape down a ladder from an upstairs window. Crews also helped an elderly woman escape through the back door. Five kittens and one dog were rescued.
Nanaimo Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Ron Dawley says Fire Prevention Officers are investigating but they believe it started in the kitchen.
Dawley says three residents were about to return to their suites but two residents have been displaced due to damage. They’re getting help through the Community Assistance program.
Kittens rescued from the home:
Bs2NPOOCcAAAgxy
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading