3 people are dead after a car plunged down an embankment off a Forest Service Road near Lytton. One person survived.
There was a similar fatal accident recently in the Mission area.
And Sunshine Coast RCMP are reminding people using Forest Service Roads to take extra care.
Constable Harrison Mohr says they want to highlight one thing in particular.
Mohr says its also important to know where you are and carry the some emergency supplies – like food and water.
Other FSR safety advice from Sunshine Coast RCMP:
Sunshine Coast RCMP offer the following reminders when travelling on FSRs:
- Although there is no centre-line, vehicles are required to keep to the right side of the road
- Slow down when approaching blind corners
- All motor vehicles, including dirtbikes and ATVs, require liability insurance, and must carry proof of such at all times
- Be aware of logging trucks, and give them plenty of room to pass
- Impaired driving is illegal on Forest (FSRs), and drivers can receive tickets for other driving offences, such as driving too fast for the conditions
- Cell coverage can be sparse in areas. Ensure someone knows where you’re going and when you expect to return