Stage 4 water restrictions for Parksville and Nanoose Bay
Stage 4 water restrictions will be in effect this week in Parksville and for Nanoose Bay Peninsula Water Service customers of the Regional District of Nanaimo.
Julie Pisani, drinking water and watershed protection coordinator with the RDN says it’s so crews can tie-in the new water transmission line into the reservoir at the Springwood water complex……
To accommodate that work and to ensure there’s enough water supply on hand, Stage 4 watering restrictions will in place from 7 in the morning Wednesday until 7 Saturday morning.
Restrictions during the Stage 4 comprehensive watering ban include:
- All lawn watering is prohibited, including newly seeded and sodded lawns.
- Watering of ornamental shrubs, flowers and trees is restricted to drip irrigation, hand-held container or hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle ONLY.
- All washing of vehicles, recreational vehicles and boats is banned.
- All washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and exterior building services is banned
- Filling of swimming pools, wading pools, hot tubs and garden pond water features is banned.
- Vegetable gardens and fruit trees are exempt from all watering restrictions.